campus day care centre cooperative
START DATE: February 1, 2019
The Board of Directors of the Campus Day Care Centre Co-operative is seeking an individual with proven leadership and management skills in child care to lead our Centre. We are looking for a positive and committed individual with vision to recognize our past successes while applying guidelines and policies in accordance with the Saskatchewan Ministry of Education’s Play and Exploration: Early Learning Program Guide. The Campus Day Care Centre Co-operative currently operates with approximately 44 full-time child care positions and 10 full-time staff.
The Director shall have experience and proven knowledge of early learning and child care to ensure the provision of high quality child care service which fulfills the philosophy of the centre. They will be responsible for the strategic and operational needs of the centre in compliance with applicable regulations. The Director will foster strong relationships with staff, parents, the Board of Directors and the community. The Director will administer the policies of the Board by developing and implementing procedures which meet the goals and objectives of the centre.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Candidates will have a minimum of Early Childhood Education level III or equivalent, and experience in an early learning and child care setting. Proven management experience, leadership skills, and excellent oral and written communication skills are required to effectively perform this role. Understanding of The Child Care Regulations, 2015 and The Child Care Act, 2014 is required. Experience working with a non-profit Board of Directors is an asset. Candidates will be required to provide a current criminal record search including a vulnerable sector check as well as possession of or willingness to obtain First Aid and CPR.
Interested applicant should send a cover letter, and resume including references to email@example.com. Applications will be considered as of January 2, 2019 and until the position is filled. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with qualifications and is competitive with prevailing wage in the industry.
Nokomis Early learning Centre
START DATE: January 7, 2019
Nokomis Early Learning Centre is seeking an individual with proven leadership and management skills as applied to child care to lead our Centre. Responsible to the Board of Directors, the Centre Director will implement a strategic vision that includes the provision of high quality services to NELC children and parents.
- Plan, execute and evaluate daily programming using the curriculum and approved approach
- Facilitate planned and spontaneous experiences
- Observe children’s strengths, areas of challenge, emerging skills and interests. Plan, implement, evaluate and revise programming to meet individual and group needs. Collaborate with other staff as applicable
- Communicate sensitively and appropriately with parents/families. Provide meaningful feedback and information regarding their child’s learning and development, emerging skills and interests and the purpose of activities
- Develop and administer goals, objectives, policies and methods for evaluating achievement and performance levels
- Prepare, review and analyze budgets
- Prepare and present monthly financial reports to the Board of Directors
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, parents, regulators, and the Board of Directors
- Early Childhood Education level III or equivalent and experience working with families and children
- Knowledge of non-profit administrative methods and procedures
- Proven leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and multi-tasking oriented
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of NELC
- Police Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
Interested applicants, please send resumes to Julie Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and is competitive with prevailing wage in the industry
Saskatchewan Early Childhood Association
1015 Railway Avenue
Toll Free: 1-888-658-4408